Quickly searching the internet for thermal blankets yields thousands of articles and brand names. This can be difficult to navigate without some knowledge of emergency blankets. These thermal blankets, or space blankets, are lifesavers when you are on a camping weekend or road trip, quite literally. For these purposes, the Mylar Emergency Blankets are among the most popular.
Why Buy an Emergency Blanket?
These blankets are designed to retain heat, keep out moisture, and are nearly impossible to destroy. The technology used to create these blankets was developed by NASA for the Apollo program. For ensuring that you are prepared for your adventurous life, a Mylar Emergency Blanket is invaluable.
As you search the internet for emergency blankets be aware that many heavy fleece blankets often hide behind the ‘thermal blanket’ name, but these blankets are not proper thermal blankets. Emergency blankets are meant to be used in the direst of situations under extreme circumstances, so it is important that you purchase the correct product.
With the amazing potential of these technologically advanced blankets, there is one that stands out among the crowd. The Mylar Emergency Blanket has all the specifications you expect from a blanket whose duty is to protect your life. Let’s take a look at the Mylar Emergency Blanket and how it compares to similar products in the industry.
What Is the Mylar Emergency Blanket?
So how are these blankets any more useful than a typical, everyday blanket? While most blankets are effective at keeping you warm and cozy, a Mylar Emergency Blanket is designed to contain 90% of your body heat.
These blankets are designed using military-grade materials. It is no secret that the military doesn’t scrimp on their emergency supplies. The majority of other blankets cannot achieve these feats. The Mylar Emergency Blanket can also be folded down to a size that fits into your pocket. This is ideal for camping, long travels, or other adventures that can potentially lead to a dangerous situation.
These blankets are reusable and puncture-resistant. They cannot be ripped or torn and can be used for any number of reasons. If you need to waterproof your tent or simply wish to keep warm, these blankets are for you.
For emergencies that arise out of nowhere, it is crucial to have a thermal blanket. This simple technology can help waterproof windows, provide shelter for animals, and, most importantly, protect you and your loved ones from nasty weather. Let’s look at the details of the Mylar Emergency Blanket.
Mylar Emergency Blanket: Specifications
The versatility of the Mylar Emergency Blanket is possible all thanks to the material it is made out of. Aluminum polyethylene is a lightweight and durable material that gives this space blanket its amazing potential. This material is used by military forces and other government agencies as an integral emergency supply item.
This material does not tear, weighs next to nothing, and does not get stiff when exposed to freezing temperatures. This blanket can even be folded up to fit into any space without ripping at the creases. We see why the Mylar Emergency Blanket is such a valuable commodity for hardcore adventurers and casual travelers alike.
Also, the Mylar Emergency Blanket weighs in at 1.5 ounces, making it super easy to transport. And since it measures 84 inches by 36 inches, you have plenty of material to cover two people should the situation arise.
Mylar Emergency Blanket: Pricing
You may be assuming that this amazing blanket is incredibly expensive. With all its abilities and the NASA technology behind it, how could this product not cost hundreds of dollars? Well, rest assured, the Mylar Emergency Blanket cost less than five dollars! The attractive price makes the Mylar Emergency Blanket the most popular among adventurers and thrill-seekers. This price point and the sheer brilliance of the blanket make the Mylar Emergency Blanket a must-have for basically everyone.
4 Best Emergency Blankets Reviews in Comparison
We took some time to compare and contrast some similar products to see how they compare to the Mylar Emergency Blanket. These blankets are some of the most popular in the industry, so let’s see how they hold up to the simplicity and versatility of the Mylar Emergency Blanket.
When we compared these products, we took the most important aspects into consideration. The weight and height are crucial to easy transport and coverage. The quality of design goes a long way to fulfill an individual’s specific needs. And of course, the price of these blankets is very important: you want to get what you pay for.
1. Mylar Emergency Blanket
- Mylar Emergency Blanket is inexpensive and easily transportable, boasting all the features of any other thermal blanket on the market.
- This blanket weighs less than 2 ounces. It also folds up easily to fit anywhere; even in your pocket.
- This is a simple design using a sleeping bag shape perfect for camping.
- Utilizing polyethylene, this blanket is incredibly durable. It is tear-resistant and puncture-proof.
2. Kangaroo Emergency Thermal Blankets
The Kangaroo Emergency Thermal Blankets are one of the more popular brands in the space blanket industry. These blankets are designed to have many other uses besides simply as a sleeping bag. You can use these blankets for a roof over a campsite, to collect water, store food, and, of course, it’s large enough to wrap around your entire body.
This brand sells its blankets in packs of ten to promote the many uses of the blankets. For the ‘do it yourself type of people, these packs are ideal. There are almost endless possibilities for the uses of this material.
When considering space blankets as an upgrade to your emergency kit, it can come in handy to have some for multiple uses. The Kangaroo thermal blankets will not be perfect for sleeping like the Mylar Thermal Blanket, but they are good for creative uses for these materials.
Features of the Emergency Blanket
- The Kangaroo Emergency Thermal blanket retains 90% of body heat and features multiple blankets in one pack.
- Sized at around 54 inches by 84 inches and weighing around twelve ounces, this space blanket is waterproof and overall protection against any kind of weather.
- Unlike the Mylar emergency blanket, Kangaroo blankets are not designed as sleeping bags. This makes them tougher to manage for sleeping and camping, but they can be used for many other reasons. They are completely silver and reflective.
- Designed to be weatherproof, the kangaroo blankets are not using the exact same material as the Mylar blanket, but they are still very durable.
3. Multilayer Survival Blanket
- Protection from Elements: Whether it is RAINING, SNOWING, or simply WINDY, HeatStore is there to HELP. HeatStore will...
- Superior Heat Retention: SLEEP and WARMTH are vital to our existence. A person can’t last long in harsh conditions...
- Durable: For a lifesaving product, QUALITY matters. HeatStore products are created with a layer of thin non-woven nylon...
These blankets may appear thicker or denser than the previous blankets, but multilayer survival blankets have many of the same specifications as Mylar and Kangaroo blankets. This blanket is made using multiple layers of material rather than one.
Comprised of laminate and aluminized plastic rather than the space-age materials found in the Mylar Thermal Blanket, the multilayer style may not retain as much heat as the previous two models; but they do go a long way to help out in emergency situations.
Multilayer blankets tend to be heavier and cannot be folded up into tight spaces like the polyethylene space blankets. For more casual use and the added feature of being able to attach it too difficult surfaces, multilayer blankets come in handy. For emergencies, this blanket will not be as easily manageable.
Features of the Space Blanket
- Multiple layers offer added protection and durability. There are also metal holes in the blanket to help you better secure it to any surface.
- Weighing in at eleven ounces, this blanket is quite a bit heavier than the Mylar Thermal Blanket. The multilayer blanket is large enough for two people, measuring 36 inches x 84 inches.
- The design of the multilayer blankets is very helpful if you need to attach them to a tree or other surface. Unlike the previous two products, this blanket is designed to be very quiet, as compared to the crinkling sound of the kangaroo and Mylar. This blanket is orange to allow you to be easily seen.
- While very weatherproof, this blanket is subject to wear and tear over time. Thin woven nylon helps to protect against this, but it is not indestructible. This blanket sacrifices its durability for a more attractive appearance, which is not on the forefront of your mind during an emergency.
4. Swiss Safe Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets
- BULK MYLAR EMERGENCY BLANKETS - Advanced dual-sided aluminized mylar blankets in Silver color.
- BULK SAVINGS - Our same top-performing individually wrapped blankets, in bulk savings quantities.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE - Military-grade 12-micron aluminized polyethylene mylar, 52"x82" & 2 oz.
The Swiss Safe brand is well known for its emergency supplies. Their emergency mylar blankets uphold their brand standards by offering an indestructible blanket that retains 90% body heat. These military-grade blankets also utilize polyethylene materials like the Mylar Emergency Blanket.
These blankets are incredibly useful and come in a variety of colors. While it may be a bit more pricey than some of our other products on this list, its money-back guarantee has you covered. Brand names aside, overall this is a solid blanket.
The Swiss Safe emergency blanket is completely weatherproof and is an ideal addition to any emergency kit. With a money-back guarantee, this blanket is perfect for just about anyone looking to upgrade their emergency supplies
Features of the Emergency Blanket
- The Swiss Safe blanket is made of polyethylene and comes in a four-pack. They meet and exceed industry standards as a durable, weatherproof emergency blanket. There is also a money-back guarantee through the Swiss Safe company.
- Weighing in at two ounces, these blankets are very lightweight. They measure in at 52 inches by 82 inches, which is more than enough coverage for two people.
- The design of the Swiss Safe blanket is simple and straightforward. One thing that makes it stand out from the crowd is the variety of different colors this blanket comes in.
- Polyethylene is the most durable material to use for emergency blankets. This material is used by the military and NASA for various uses.
What Is the Best Space Blanket for You?
It may be confusing to try and find the perfect emergency blanket online, but we have you covered. The products listed above are some of the finest on the market and meet or exceed industry standards for emergency supplies. It is tough to decide on just one.
When choosing a blanket that is capable of saving your life, you do not want the product to fail you. You need to be able to rest easily at home or during extensive travel knowing you’re “covered” in an emergency. With blankets playing such an important role in your emergency kit, you must find the most durable and efficient blanket for your money.
So, tell us in the comment section what is the best emergency blanket for you and your needs!
What Is the Best Emergency Blanket for Us?
The Mylar Emergency Blanket is going to be the go-to choice to upgrade your emergency kit. The straightforward design and inexpensive price make it universally suitable for anyone’s needs.
Weighing less and priced lower than the competition, the Mylar Emergency Blanket is the most logical and reasonable choice. Swiss Safe comes in at a close second since it is made of the same materials, but at a higher price, you may be paying for the brand name or flashy colors.
If you are an avid adventurer looking to scale the highest mountains and deepest canyons, this blanket is a necessity. If you simply like to be prepared for the worst, keep a few of these blankets in your home or car. Regardless of your emergency supply needs, the Mylar Emergency Blanket is designed for you.
It may be tempting to go out and spend a ton of money on camping supplies and high-end, brand-name equipment, but for a quick and simple means of protection from the natural forces, nothing beats the Mylar Emergency Blanket. Order a pack today and rest easy knowing that you are covered in case of an emergency.
Emily as an MFA in creative writing and a strong passion for cooking! She started trying out her mother’s recipes from a very young age, turning the time she spent in the kitchen into a career. She will soon publish her very first cookbook, and in her free time, Emily contributes to our blog with resources for all our readers, whether beginners or advanced chefs.
Last update on 2023-05-31 at 21:09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Leave a Reply