We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Bandanas aren’t just for hip, young, fashionistas any more.
There are many uses for a bandana in your preparedness gear.
- Head covering to protect from sun
- Cooling rag – get it wet and wrap around head or neck
- Dust Mask – wrap around face to help protect from debris
- First Aid – use to pack a wound, wrap an ankle, splint a broken bone
- Water purification – use to filter particulates from water (though it will not filter parasites or poisons, only debris)
- Foraging – can use to hold food or use as a plate
- Signal – use to signal or as a trail marker
- Fire Starter- use pieces as tinder
There are even bandanas you can purchase that have survival information printed on them!
Survival information bandana
Assortment of military-style bandanas
I want to suggest the Bandanas by the Dozen packs from Amazon as they are inexpensive, but most the ones we bought were cheap, polyester and not real bandana material. You’d be better paying just a bit more for real cotton bandanas.
Here’s a great graphic to keep track of on what you can use it for:
Courtesy of: preparing For SHTF
Find more Preparedness Quick Tips Here:
Last update on 2021-07-25 at 23:27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API