One reader reminded me, on my Mom’s EDC article, that she includes a tampon and maxi-pad in her carry, not only because it serves a purpose for about 3/4 of the women on the planet in a time of need, but they can also be used to help in first aid situations.
Uses for Tampons in First Aid:
- Use to stop flow of blood in case of a broken or bloodied nose
- Use to stop blood flow from a penetration wound until proper first aid can be found
- Taken apart to use as packing for any wound.
(can also be used for tinder, filters, and more – see link below)
Uses for a Maxi-pad in First Aid:
- Use as a dressing for cuts and wounds.
- Use as a padding for splinting to keep splint products from creating more damage.
- Use as an eye patch in cases of damage or debris
While I have them in my Bug Out Bag, I usually only carry one for short periods of time in my EDC (*wink *wink), but now, one will reside full time.
Want to know more reasons why these super-tools of preparedness should be in your bag, even if you’re a guy? (don’t squirm boys, really, this is useful stuff!)
Check out this link:
Get more Preparedness Quick Tips here:
FREE STARTER KIT
Enter your email and click submit to get your FREE Family Emergency Binder Starter kit. Take control of your family's preparedness today!